What you need to know when looking for a scaffolding contractor
Scaffolds are a type of formwork used as a support structure during the construction, repair or maintenance of a building and other structures. Scaffolding is mainly found around the perimeter or a building because it is used as a means to construct a building from the outside and it provides a safe working platform for workers.
The different kinds of scaffolding utilised for various jobs:
- Aluminium scaffolding - used for smaller construction projects such as residential buildings or houses. Because aluminium is a lightweight material, it is more ideal to use for shorter periods and with lighter loads.
- Steel scaffolding - more heavy duty compared to aluminium scaffolding and is ideal for long-term usage because of steel's durability. Steel scaffoldings can also hold much more weight compared to aluminium scaffolds.
- Static scaffolding - scaffolds that stays in place while work is on-going. Static scaffolds can either be internal or external, but both can be considered as an added barrier for a structure.
- Mobile scaffolding - moveable scaffolds which are usually limited to a certain height for safety purposes
- Guardrail scaffolding / Roof edge protection - this type of scaffolding doubles as a safety precaution while working on roofs.
- Hoarding and gantry - scaffolding which has a walkway underneath for pedestrians
How much would it cost to hire a scaffolding contractor?
The cost for hiring a scaffolding contractor for your project will depend on the size of the structure - larger structures need more scaffolds and thorough planning as to the placement of the scaffold. Another factor that will affect the cost of hire is the type of scaffolding needed.
if you need to engage with scaffolding contractors for your project, our hire experts can give you advice on finding the right one for the job. You can reach out to them at 1300 550 434 or you can send in a quote request for scaffolding packages online from local contractors with PlantMiner.
We also list various scaffolding contractors across Australia. Select your city below for quotes: