Everything you need to know about hiring a compactor
A compactor is a machine used to reduce the size of materials such as waste material or biomass through compaction. There are different types of compactors including a trash compactor which is often used to reduce the amount of trash and a baler-wrapper compactor is used for making compact and wrapped bales in order to improve logistics.
What compactors can do:
Compactors are ideal for use in many different industries. Compacting machines are often used for:
- Reducing the volume of non-recyclable waste
- Reducing curb nuisance such as rodents and smell
- Trash compacting
- Compacting the backfill in narrow trenches
- Compacting crushed rock
Type of compactors:
In construction, there are three main types of compactor:
- The plate - The plate compactor (vibratory rammer) has a large vibrating baseplate and is suited for creating a level grade, while the jumping jack compactor has a smaller foot.
- The ‘jumping jack’ - The jumping jack type is mainly used to compact the backfill in narrow trenches for water or gas supply pipes, etc.
- Road roller - The roller type compactors are used for compacting crushed rock as the base layer underneath concrete or stone foundations or slabs.
How much does a compactor cost to hire?
The cost of hiring a compactor will depend on the type of compactor you require. The length of the project, where the project is located and if you require an operator will also factor into the cost.
If you are looking to hire a compactor and would like some advice on which compactor to hire for your project, you can reach out to our equipment hire experts on 1300 550 434, or by getting compactor hire quotes online from local suppliers with PlantMiner.
We have a number of compactors available for hire across Australia as well. Select your city below for quotes: