What you need to know when looking for an asphalting contractor
Asphalting is the laying out of asphalt or bitumen on roads and highways, as well as smaller projects such as parking lot and driveway paving. Asphalt is a durable material that's low-maintenance which is why it is ideal for paving roads and highways.
What to consider before hiring an asphalting contractor
Asphalting is a niche market and contractors who are in the business will usually offer up packages that come with full site preparations. Always ask your chosen contractor first what is covered by their packages so that you'll know if you need to find someone else for the tasks not included on your contractor's package.
There are also different types of asphalting jobs that contractors will take on, including the following:
- Driveways and footpaths - these are smaller asphalting jobs done on residential areas
- Car parks - asphalt is widely used for paving car parks
- Road works - laying down of asphalt on newly paved roads or re-asphalting of old and worn-out roads to get rid of cracks and potholes
Equipment used in asphalting
Just like concreting jobs, asphalting also utilises various types of equipment, including:
- Rollers - compactor vehicles with heavy drum-like rollers used for smoothing out surfaces before asphalt is poured
- Asphalt paving machine - a machine especially for paving asphalt
- Mixers - equipment used for mixing the different components of asphalt
How much would it cost to hire an asphalting contractor?
The cost of hiring an asphalting contractor will depend on the size and the duration of the project you are about to undertake. Contractors' packages will vary, so the cost will also differ from one contractor to another.
Are you looking to engage with an asphalting contractor for an upcoming project? Our team of hire experts will be able to give you some advice on finding the right contractor for the job. Reach out to them at 1300 550 434 or send a quote request for an asphalting package online from local contractors with PlantMiner.
We also list various asphalting contractors from across Australia. Select your city below for quotes: