Or browse 6 items for hire below
Roller Hire from Orange Hire (QLD)6 items found
Everything you need to know about hiring a roller
Rollers are compactor vehicles equipped with a heavy roller for smoothing or compacting surfaces. They are mainly used to compact soil, asphalt, concrete or gravel.
Role of a roller
Rollers are commonly used for road works as they are ideal to smooth out the gravel, soil or concrete that's been laid out. Other uses for rollers include:
- Laying out of foundation for some infrastructures
Types of rollers
Rollers come in different types and sizes:
- Smooth drum roller - this features a big drum-like roller with a smooth surface, used to compact and smoothen out dirt, gravel or concrete. The smooth drum roller comes in different tonnages:
- Combination roller - this can have a few different combinations. Combination rollers can either have a smooth drum, padfoot drum or pneumatic tyres in front and a multi-tyred roller at the back. This gear is ideal for compaction during the maintenance grading of roads.
- Multi tyred roller / pneumatic tyred roller - usually used during the final stage for sealing road jobs.
- Static three-drum roller - effective for compacting bituminous road surfaces. Static rollers are ideal for sites which have delicate or unstable surfaces such as roads prone to cracking.
- Trench roller - commonly used to comapct backfill in trenches and is suitable for narrow spaces as well as different soil types.
- Walk-behind roller - walk-behind rollers are mini rollers which are pushed instead of driven by an operator
- Padfoot roller - these have spikes or feet on its drum which is ideal for compaction. Padfoot rollers come in different sizes as well:
What to consider before hiring a roller
Rollers are easily manueverable and can be used for a variety of jobs. However, you will require a license or an operator to use ride-on rollers.
How much does a roller cost?
When hiring a roller for your project, you should consider the type and size you will need as this will affect the cost of the roller. Other factors that will affect the cost of your roller will be the duration of your hire, and whether it requires an operator or not.
Do you need to hire a roller for your construction project? We have a team of equipment hire experts who can help you find the right gear. Give them a call at 1300 550 434 or you can send in a roller quote request online from local suppliers with PlantMiner.
We have various rollers available for hire across Australia. Click on your city below for quotes: