Ditch Witch 20/20 2013 Horizontal Directional Drilling Hire
- Ditch Witch 20/20 2013 Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Ditch Witch
- Year of Manufacture
- Number in Fleet
Ditch Witch 20/20 -2013
Horizontal Directional Drilling
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is used for installing telecommunications and power cable conduits, water lines, sewer lines, gas lines, It is used for crossing waterways, roadways, shore approaches, congested areas, environmentally sensitive areas and any area where other methods are more expensive or not feasible.
The machine is started above ground, drills down to the desired depth and then steers under the crossing. Once the pilot bore is completed, a reamer/backreamer is attached to the drill stem string and pulled back, enlarging the bore wall to easily accommodate the product wire, conduit or pipe, which is then pulled into place.
- River crossings [Paneltec Directional Drilling Diagram]
- Railway crossings
- Water lines
- Communications Conduits
- Power Conduits
- Water intakes
- Environmentally sensitive areas
- Environmentally friendly
- Virtually no disruption of traffic, rivers, lakes, parks etc.
- Precise and accurate boring (depending on soil conditions)
- Minimal support required from customer or contractor
- Increased boring distance (dependant on pipe diameter)