The PlantMiner Story
In January 2012, our CEO, Michael Trusler was on a flight from Moranbah to Brisbane reflecting on his position as a civil engineer procuring plant, equipment and subcontractors for major projects. Michael was tired of the inefficiency of the current method and decided to explore possibilities of a solution.
How can you make it easier to find plant, equipment and subcontractors for construction projects? Where should you search first?
Finding the right plant, equipment and subcontractors was an arduous task. Hours spent searching through the yellow pages and trawling the Internet for quotes.
Drawing from ideas such as carsales.com.au and realestate.com.au an idea was born, creating a one-stop-shop for plant, equipment and subcontractor needs.
With Michael's strength being a civil engineer, he took his idea to business partner, Mike Davis, to combine his industry knowledge with Mike's business know-how. They then reached out to an old friend and expert salesman, Dan Wilson, to help spread word of their new idea. In September 2012, they made their first call to a plant & equipment hire company to pitch their idea. By Decmeber 2012, Michael, Mike and Dan had made 24,000 calls to hire companies.
May 2013 marked the launch of PlantMiner.com.au. After a year of brainstorming and daily calls pitching the idea, PlantMiner quickly became a one-stop hire shop for plant, equipment and subcontractors. Following the success of PlantMiner Australia, PlantMiner launched in New Zealand in December 2014, and has now become the largest marketplace in Australia and New Zealand. It is also behind Procure It, a new procurement platform connecting trade suppliers and the open market.
Welcome to PlantMiner!
What we stand for
PlantMiner is a one-stop-shop for plant, equipment and subcontractor services. We find reputable and preferred suppliers based on searcher specifics in order to simplify the procurement process.
Our mission: To simplify construction procurement globally by continuously innovating and delivering online solutions.
Our core company values
- Solution based thinking has been the cornerstone of the business since its inception. We are problem solvers by default and look to make life easier for our customers.
- We aim to provide honest, upfront and accurate information to our client base through our comprehensive market knowledge.
No d!ckhead policy:
- We spend a lot of time at work with our colleagues and with our customers. Life is better when you aren't dealing with d!ckheads.
- We encourage fun in our workplace through everything we do. Work is an enjoyable place.
Leave no person behind:
- The greatest teams in society live by the rule that you are only as strong as your weakest member.
- We understand that technology is a fast moving industry. Our people, systems and processes move with the requirements of our customers and the industry.
- We provide the members of our team and our customer base with the tools to grow their business, solve their problems and advance their careers.
PlantMiner & the community
PlantMiner owes its success to the communities we serve, and we do our best to give back to those communities by participating in various fund raising campaigns.
PlantMiner has participated in the 2014 Movember Foundation campaign. The Movember campaign is an annual event that involves men growing out their moustaches for the entire month of November. This campaign strives to raise awareness to men's health issues such as prostate cancer and depression to name a few.
In June 2015, PlantMiner CEOs Michael Trusler and Mike Davis participated in the Vinnies CEO Sleepout. The Vinnies CEO Sleepout is a fund raising event where business leaders get to spend a night sleeping in sleeping bags and cardboard boxes to raise awareness to homelessness in Australia.